Equality Duty Statement
Connaught School for Girls aims to ensure that its ethos, policies and practices respect and protect the rights of all individuals and that everyone is enabled to make the most of their abilities and qualities.
Connaught School for Girls is committed to preventing further discriminatory impacts related to the transmission of the coronavirus.
Equality is a core school value, central to the wider issue of social inclusion. It underpins the school curriculum and it is a key consideration in employment policy and practice. We believe that equality of opportunity is the central principle underlying all the work we do.
The Equality Act 2010 clearly states that the following groups must be taken into account. People identified in the following groups are considered to have a protected characteristic.
- Sex (gender)
- Race (ethnicity)
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion and Belief
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
The Public Sector Equality Duty requires the school to publish information about Equalities
This information must be clearly linked to the three aims (General Duties) of the Public Sector Equality Duty April 2012.
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
relating to the above general duties:
- Publish and analyse information about the school annually
- Set equality objectives, and review on a three year cycle
- These actions will be taken after analysing the information about our school.
Publicity and Promotion
The School's Public Sector Equality Duty will be on the school internal shared area.
Visitors will be made aware that the school is committed to the Public Sector Equality Duty and copies can be made available on request, including translations and in special formats.
Connaught School for Girls' policies are constantly reviewed by staff and governors on a cyclical basis. New policies are written when necessary.
Copies of any current school policy are available on request from the school office. Policies will be added to this section of our website in the future.
Policies Available for Download
The School Careers statement can be found by clicking here.
Connaught School for Girls is committed to data protection and the EU regulations GDPR. Below are our in school data breach procedures, privacy notices and subject access request form with details of our Data Protection Officer (DPO).