Connaught School for Girls aims to provide an educational environment within which all students can:
- achieve their full potential
- aspire to study further at the best post-16 schools, colleges and universities
- aspire to work in the most prestigious professions
Our 'more able' programme offers many opportunities to visit:
- top universities including Oxford, Cambridge and the best London Universities
- multinational companies at home and abroad, including Bouygues in London and Paris.
At Connaught School for Girls we recognise that our more able students need access to broad, balanced and challenging curriculum opportunities to enable them to reach their true potential. We achieve this by offering activities that extend and enrich their learning and promote high attainment and excellent progress both in timetabled lessons and extra curricular clubs.
Where appropriate, students will move through their learning at a faster rate than their peers. Many of our students study addidional GCSEs at Connaught School for Girls through:
- the 'Fast Track' French programme - more able students gain excellent GCSE grades in French at the end of Year 10 so that they can go on to complete GCSE Spanish or German in Year 11
- the 'triple science' pathway - more able students gain excellent grades in GCSE Biology in Year 10 then complete GCSE Chemistry and Physics in Year 11