Students via Student Voice representatives have raised the issue of making changes to our school uniform for some time. We have therefore decided to consult with all students, parents and staff, and request your views. Our governing body will consider all the feedback and decide whether to make proposed changes (for implementation from September 2020). Photos of the proposed uniform are shown below. Mannequins wearing samples can also be seen at the school office.
- Navy blue blazer with school logo embroidered on the pocket (Optional for 2020-21 Year 11 students. If Year 11 students choose not to wear the blazer they should continue to wear royal blue jumper with logo)
- Plain white cotton shirt, long or short sleeved
- Optional navy blue V-neck jumper
- Tie (KS3 navy with gold stripes, KS4 gold with navy stripes - optional for 2020-21 Year 11 students). To be worn to skirt/trouser waistband
- Navy blue kilt style skirt (shortest length - just above the knee, longest length - ankle) or navy blue tailored trousers with a waistband (no belt)
- Navy or black socks (ankle or knee length) or plain navy or black tights
- Shoes - flat, black, polishable and of a sensible design and without adornments (no pumps or sandals). Shoes should not come above the ankle bone. No trainers
- Plain navy blue headscarf, secured discreetly and no longer than shoulder length. Must not have any embroidery, fancy trimmings or edgings
- Sikh Kara
KS3 PE Uniform
- Plain navy shorts or tracksuit bottoms. No stripes/logos
- Plain white polo shirt - short or long sleeves
- Plain navy zip fleece or round necked sweatshirt
- White sports ankle socks
- Trainers. No plimsolls or Vans/Converse style
KS4 PE Uniform as above or optional
- White or navy round necked t shirt
- Black/navy lycra sports leggings
Key Points of Proposed Changes
- Introduction of a blazer - students have requested a blazer via Student Voice forums
- Introduction of a compulsory tie
- Removal of Shalwar Kameez from uniform. Religious observance is maintained with the option of wearing trousers or ankle length skirt (in photograph above), a long sleeved blouse and headscarf (navy)
- Support will be available for families struggling to meet the costs of proposed additional uniform items for the academic year 2020-21
Proposed Uniform Likely Costs
Please note that it is proposed that all items of PE uniform will not be required to have school logos on. This is to both encourage participation in physical activity outside of school and to reduce the cost of uniform.
- Navy blue blazer with logo: approx. £36
- Optional navy blue kilt-style ankle length skirt: approx. £34
- Tie: approx. £6.50
It is important for us to gather an accurate picture of views from our school community which will help the governing body reach a final decision so we invite all school stakeholders to let us know their views by emailing [email protected]
Alternatively, respondents may reply in writing, posting their reply in the Consultation Feedback box at the School Office.
All comments and feedback to be received by 20th March 2020.