Covid-19 Pandemic Update
Key Messages from the School
Video Message from the Headteacher Re: Opening for All Students in September 2020
Messages for Parents and Carers
Messages for Students
COVID-19 Key Worker Service
From Monday 23rd March 2020 the school will provide a service for Key Worker parents and carers who are unable to secure safe provision for their children at home because they are needed to be at work and continue providing their essential services.
HM Government have defined Key Workers in an extensive online list that we ask ALL parents to check by clicking this link.
However, Government direction to all parents is that if their children are able to stay safely at home, they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading.
If home child care is not possible for Connaught students whose parents are Key Workers, have an EHCP or a social worker, from Monday 23rd March 2020, we are here to provide that service for them.
Please note that:
- we are only able to look after students that attend Connaught School for Girls at this time
- this service is only available during normal school hours including breakfast from 7:40am, and
- from the start of the Easter Holiday the location of this service is likely to be centralised at 'hub' schools across Waltham Forest
We ask ALL parents to call the school on 020 8539 3029 (leave a message if out of office hours) or by email to [email protected] to indicate whether they require this service; YES or NO. If yes, please be prepared to let us know:
- your daughter/s name/s and tutor group/s
- Your occupation/s (the Local Authority has asked us to provide this)
- whether you will provide packed lunch or take the school offer of sandwiches or jacket potato and filling
If you require this service, there is no need for your daughter to come to school in school uniform or bring all her usual school equipment. However, please ensure that she brings some writing materials, trainers and a reading book.
Parents should make every effort to respond as soon as possible.
Free School Meals
The school will continue to provide free school meals for those children that are entitled to them. Parents wishing their children to continue receiving free school meals should telephone the school office so our catering team can prepare them. Packed lunches will be available to collect for those students from reception at our Dyers Hall Road entrance from 12.00-12.30pm on each school day.